Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Marley and Me

Marley and Me, by john grogan. First Harper, 2008
Genre: Biography


Marley and Me, is about a newly wed couple who live in Florida right near the coast, in a small town near Palm Beach. They bought a dog to practice their parenting skills. To prepare for their kids, they soon found out that Marley was going to more trouble than either of there three kids, put together.

“A funny, touching tribute to a ninety-seven pound Lab who was as loyal as he was disobedient”- PEOPLE

I have not read any other books by john grogan, so I can’t answer the entire question. I like his writing very much he uses a lot of strong descriptive words and is good at grasping your attention. I am guessing that he is so good at that because he worked for a news paper.

“Don’t fall too in love, Marley,” I said as they drove off. “You cant afford her.”

I really enjoyed this book not only because I love dogs but because it was a very well written, descriptive, and engaging book. I think this book affected me because it makes me think about my family and how much family means to both me and John Grogan.

No comments: